Kumasi Climate & Temperature
- Kumasi, Ghana is at 6°43'N, 1°36'W, 287 m (942 ft). See map.
- Kumasi has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Kumasi is situated in or near the tropical dry forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 25.6 degrees Celsius (78.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 3 °C (5.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1484 mm (58.4 inches) which is equivalent to 1484 Litres/m² (36.4 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1900 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Kumasi you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Nadi, Viti Levu, Fiji where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate.
Kumasi Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Kumasi Climate Graph in Metric Units
Kumasi Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Kumasi, Ghana Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: