Kumasi Climate & Temperature
- Kumasi, Ghana is at 6°43'N, 1°36'W, 287 m (942 ft). See map.
- Kumasi has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Kumasi is situated in or near the tropical dry forest biome.
- The average temperature is 25.6 degrees Celsius (78.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 3 °C (5.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1484 mm (58.4 inches) which is equivalent to 1484 Litres/m² (36.4 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1900 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Kumasi you would come out nearest to the climate station at Nadi, Viti Levu, Fiji where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Kumasi, Ghana Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: